Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Thank you veterans

To each of you who served our country, and to those who lost family members in our many wars, I extend my thanks and praise.
I couldn't get youtube to work today on my computer, So instead of a video, I can only share the words from Barry Sadlers song,

I'm going home, my tour is done
I'm going home, I'm a lucky one
But I've left friends behind me
Who won't come home no more
Yes many friends remain forever on that bloody shore

But at night when I sleep, I know my dreams will be
About my friends I left across the sea
I'll hear Vrba Young and Horn laugh again out loud
We'll all be together in a happy crowd

But then I hear the sound of bullets whining overhead
Feel the crash of mortars and all my friens are dead
My friends they fought and gave their all
My friends they died for freedoms cause

As my dream is ending
They'll come and say goodbye
Though I'm sound asleep, a tear I'll cry
And they say something that fills my heart with pain
Tell them about us Sadler, don't let us die in vain

I'm going home, my tour is done
I'm going home,I'm a lucky one.


My friends, don't let them die in vain. not the ones who died in Vietnam, nor the ones who have died in Iraq and Afghanistan.


No comments: