Monday, March 21, 2016

Lets consider some implications.

The Supreme Court just tossed a suit brought by Oklahoma and Nebraska against Colorado over their legalization of Marijuana.
I have no dog in this fight, I don't use drugs except legal pain meds, namely Motrin and Tylenol. I do have an interest though because indirectly, it involves me. Kansas has the same problem as the Oakies and Huskers. Kansas is also very proactive in enforcement. Every time I journey to Topeka, I see several troopers hanging out along the interstate. They are on the prowl for drug runners. Since they folks smuggling dope don't put EPA or DOT placards on their vehicles, the KHP is having a crap shoot. Out of state and out of area vehicles are hooked on BS stops. Yes, BS. I got pulled over once because I had passed a semi but didn't immediately get back in the right lane. There was another truck a half mile ahead, and no one else on the road! But he pulled me over any way. he also bitched that I was going three over the posted limit. 78 in a 75? Come on man! The head of the Highway Patrol is complaining that they need more officers. WTF? The last trip I made, I saw six troopers between Mcfarland and Topeka. Three together by Mcfarland, one east of Paxico, and two more by the Dover exit. All wasting my tax dollars.
The legal challenges to the federal laws are winding their way through the courts. Whose right is it? Seriously, the Constitution, yes, that oft ignored piece of parchment that is supposed to control Congress says nothing about control of drugs alcohol, or any thing like that. IN fact, it says powers not granted to the federal government are prohibited to it and are the right of the state or the people.
It is entirely possible that the Supreme Court could strike federal enforcement and leave it to the states.
That is where it would get sticky. Colorado and Washington state legalized pot in 2012. They were followed by Oregon Alaska and DC in 2014. Now suppose that a dealer in Washington state sells pot to a customer in D.C. the drugs are transported via land courier and that guy gets stopped in Kansas. I'm talking about a UPS truck, but a personal vehicle could be it as well.
Would that stop be a violation of the commerce clause of the Constitution? By my reading, it would. We know the feral government has misused it for many things, and was part of how they forced O'bozo care down our throats.
Times are changing. Mostly for the worse. Illegal drug use is a small part of the problems this nation faces. Our society is in decline. We allow the murder of hundreds of children every day. We are told to tolerate the intolerable. The powers that have bought our elected officials want a one world government and they are determined to surrender us to a cabal of despots and dictators.
And while Rome burns, our courts fiddle like Nero.

No comments: