Saturday, November 5, 2011

Concealed Carry on the rise in Topeka

The Crap Journal reports an increase in concealede carry applications for the year.
The journal notes: Sheriff’s Sgt. Todd Good said some applicants have mentioned home invasions or being victims of crimes as reasons for their decision to apply for concealed-carry permits. However, he said he doesn’t know if that is the reason for such a large increase.
“Obiously they don’t need a permit to have a gun in their home, but I’m not sure if they realize that or not,” he said
.
What Sgt Good misses is that a gun on the night stand is of little use when you walk in on thugs in your living room. I would much rather the gun be with me then at home where they can grab it.

4 comments:

CharlieDelta said...

I (illegally) carry concealed as much as I possibly can. I'll even go into the bank concealed carrying. Why not? Even when I'm at home it's on me until I hit the sheets. I've often fantasized about walking in on some tweekers burgularizing my house, or waking up in the middle of the night at the sound of my window being broken and an (unlucky) dope fiend staring down the barrel of my P-220 or my 590 A1. No such luck yet, but I have faith. Heh, heh...

Gregory said...

Wow..That guy is praying for the chance to kill someone....
As for me; I have a concealed carry permit but had to sell my guns to keep paying the rent. Thanks a lot O'bungler.

JeremyR said...

I think Arizona has the right idea, we as citizens have a right to keep AND BEAR arms. That the state can male people jup through loop hole and endless red tape is a crime.
Given the attitude of too many cops, I would hate to be lawfully carrying and have an encounter, let alone be doing so illegally. Kansas has legal open carry which is what I use when I carry because if you have CCW and some one spots it, you can be in as much trouble as a felon.

CharlieDelta said...

Gregory-
Not so much praying to kill someone, but more like being at the end of my rope seeing the scumbags in this country having so many people too intimidated to even THINK about standing up for what's right or defending what is theirs with a little old fashioned street justice. The pussification of the Western male has done nothing but strengthen all that is wrong with the modern day mindset. I don't want to be on my death bed telling myself over and over, "If I only would've ________ I might still be alive." I would rather have the perp on his death bed telling himself, "If I only WOULDN'T have ________ I might still be alive today."

Since I've never had to make that split-second decision whether or not to draw down on someone and pull the trigger, I won't even try to predict how I would feel afterwards. I am however, pretty damn confident that not one night's sleep would be lost from it.