Monday, March 19, 2012

Been a bear of a week

Sorry for the light posting. I had knee surgery last Monday and am supposed to be resting and recovering. How well does that work out? not very. I have some of the best friends in the world, They don't want me sitting home being bored and doing nothing. I got invited to go shooting on Saturday. Turn down a few hours at the range? are you nuts? Of course I went. Ended up being out for close to ten hours. There were about 25 of us and we had a cook out after the shoot out. Lots of fun artillery. most of the guys brought shotguns, and we threw some blue rock. The competition was intense to say the least. Some of those guys can shoot! The selection of guns were mostly practical hunter arms. I think I was the only one to bring a black gun. they had every thing from 30-06 down to .17 mag and 30-30s were in abundance. I was trying to take it easy on my knee, so I shyed away from the heavy gear. One fellow had a 25-20 lever action, and he chipped away at the targets quite well. All in all, a great time.

No comments: