Thursday, March 22, 2012

How stupid!

When I saw this headline I thought the woman had perished. She survived. America's addiction to texting is insane. People will spend hours doing it for what could have been a ten minute conversation. It wastes work time, is extremely distracting, and as this woman shows, dangerous. When people text me, I go to the message, then press 9. It calls them back and I ask them what they want. the stock answer is "Why didn't you read my text? to which I reply, I am too busy. I can talk on a blue tooth and work, but to read a text I need to pull off the road, find my reading glasses, and then reply. I can talk faster and get it done with.
Texting has its place. suppose you are in an imporant meeting and need a document. You can text a collegue or your secretary to bring it to you, and not disrupt the conference, or miss information.
So here's to Bonnie Miller, most recent EPA violation for shit in a river. But not a Darwin award winner...yet.

1 comment:

Gregory said...

I don't get texting either. and it DOES waste time.It also dumbs-down the texter because of all of the abbreviations they use they never really learn how to spell words anymore. I think that the average reading level of texters is around 6th grade.