Sunday, April 5, 2015

Kansas Good and bad

Sam Brownback signed legislation adding Kansas to the list of states allowing Constitutional Carry. The law is set to go into effect July 1. I am a firm believer in the right to keep and bear arms. I support open carry, and believe that if any organization wants to disallow the carry of fire arms that they must provide limited access, screening, and adequate security to ensure that people in attendance, whether it be a stadium or a court house, are not at risk.
That said, while I am not opposed to Constitutional carry, I see many aspects of licenses carry that weigh in its favor. Right now every one with a concealed fire arm is either well trained, or a thug. Most cops are not very well trained. That concealed carry permit is an assurance to me that the individual holding it has been screened and is most likely of good moral character, and knows what to do and when.
If I operated an airline, and had the choice, I would offer a discount to all licensed carriers If they carry on my flight. Its better then the air marshals, they tend to stick out like a klansman in a black church. I would also offer that same discount to police who carry. I'm not anti cop, I just don't like the bad ones.
So, there you have it, on one hand we have a step forward for the Constitution and its rightful place and observation, but we also have a step back in that concealed carriers will no longer be just the cream of our society.

No comments: