Friday, December 28, 2012

Mayhem and murders

New York City has a second subway homicide. This time the assailant is a woman. Chicago had one murder and thirteen shootings over the Holiday weekend. Philadelphia has had 1243 people shot this year.
While it seems that gun violence is reaching epidemic proportions, it isn't. Yes gun crime is serious, but if you look at the big picture, you will see the crimes are the worst in places where guns are restricted. Chicago should be an oasis of safety. Instead it is a crime mecca. Same with Washington D.C. Crime is rampant when citizens cannot protect themselves.
Soon two counties in New York may pay dearly for freedumb of the press. A paper printed a list of all gun owners. That all but guarantees the criminals know where to go for weapons, but more importantly, they know which homes are not defended.
Burglars don't want to face an armed home owner. its risky business, and no one wants to have a work related injury that involves a gunshot. Least of all a guy who is a criminal. Aftr gun confiscation in England, home invasions jumped. The criminals knew their victims would be unarmed. residents of Westchester and Rockland counties, prepare for the worst. if I lived there, and did not own a gun, I would be calling the paper demanding they list my residence as the home to a 44 magnum.
Then again, considering how the government is acting, That might be a bad decision. Do I want my home invaded by criminals, or the loco swat team? Err local snot team.
I aint betting on our government doing the right thing. My gun closet is now full of books and shelves, and except for the guns which have sentimental value, I have gotten rid of everything else. Oh well, the money will be nice too. For those of you who miht consider invading my home, just remember, a twelve gauge shotgun is the best thing for home defence, and I still have my double gun.

2 comments:

Gregory said...

I never thought of the fact that now the criminals know which homes are not defended. I guess the gun owners don't need to feel offended like I first thought. And I have a 12 gauge with double ought under my bed.

JeremyR said...

00 is too heavy for in house use. Switch to #4 or #2 bird and save the buckshot for medium range encounters. 00 will penetrate a wall and be lethal for several yards. bird shot is more than enough to cope at ranges out to 10 yards, the length of the average home.
Knew a game warden years ago who carried a scatter gun. He was sent to Alaska, and wound up confronting a Kodiak. He killed the bear. Load was #2 bird. Range was too damn close IMHO, but he survived.