Thursday, March 9, 2017

Cops

Last week I was driving down Ft Riley Blvd and there was a guy walking toward me on the side walk. This guy had a blue beer bottle in his hand which he was tossing, catching, and as vehicles would approach, he would fake a throw at them. He causes several cars to swerve, and nearly created an accident.
I was in the process of calling the police when they arrived, two of them. The one patrol vehicle went pat, flipped on his lights and executed a U-turn. The jerk with the bottle, looked around, realized he had no where to run, set his stuff down, then placed his hands behind his back to be cuffed, all while the patrol was still a block away. He knew he was in trouble for sure.
I stopped long enough to offer witness information and left. As I got back on the main road, I noted they were putting him in a patrol car. His stuff, consisting of the empty beer bottle, a tree branch walking stick, and a half full bottle of Jack Daniels, was still on the sidewalk.
Three days later, I drove by again. His stuff was still there, Jack and all. I don't know about you, but to me, the whiskey should have been taken along by the officers. Leaving it on the side walk where a kid could get it is not, in my opinion, smart at all.