Saturday, September 11, 2010

What do you remember?

I remember walking into my head engineers ofice that morning. He had brought in a small TV and it was on, coverage of the towers. I was in total shack, so am not sure if one tower had been hit, or both. The second time I checked back, one tower had collapsed. Initial reports said 5,000 or more dead. A little later, both towers were gone.
That evening as I left to pick up my kids, I drove past numerous filling stations with long lines. I had filled my tanks the night before. The price gouging was outrageous. Near my home was a country store and station. The line there was over 1/2 mile long. After I got to my place, several of my neighbors, knowing I had my kids that night stopped in and offered to take my truck up and fill it.
By ten that night, even the country station was out of gas. None to be found it seemed any where. Later, the state investigated the price gouging. That country atation was immune though. They never raised their price, and as a result, many people made them their exclusive stop for fuel and supplies. The couple that owned it were never money hounds. Some years back when prices had sky rocketed, they were selling fuel at cost to help out their neighbors.
Honesty like that is never rewarded here on earth. I know GOD looks with favor on them though.
One fellow I worked with was in the Army Reserve. He volunteered the next day and was among the first troops to air drop into Shitholistan. Last I heard, he was still there.
On 8-12-01, we saw the spirit of America standing strong unwilling to bend or bow to thugs.
What happened? today they are fighting ot be the first to bow to islam.
I. W.I.L.L N.E.V.E.R. F.O.R.G.E.T.

1 comment:

CharlieDelta said...

I remember arguing with my gf at the time, on the way to work and listening to DSC. When I first heard it I thought they were joking. When I got to work everyone was gathered around the warehouse TV and I saw the second tower get hit.

That's when it really hit me.

I will never forget that day and I will never let anyone alive at the time forget that day! That's a promise!