Sunday, March 17, 2013

Whats with the fist bump crap

I greeted an old friend I hadn't seen for some time at church today. When I extended my hand to shake his, he wanted to do the fist bump instead.
I asked him what was with THAT?
He said the fist bump is to cut down on the spread of germs.
I said "Oh right. lets ignore that the palms of our hands are covered in tough caloused flesh, and instead slap the softer and often cut and scabbed backs instead."
The back of my hands has several scabs, fresh from a day of playing in the dirt and fields. How dumb an idea can we get? If you are that skeered, keep your grubby mitts in your pockets, and jsut nod at folks.
You don't want to know my opinion of hand sanitizers.

2 comments:

Gregory said...

I think fist bumping is stupid too. It originated in black ghettos quite a while ago. Now, Me being microbiologicly trained need to know what you have against hand sanitizers.

hiswiserangel said...

I refuse to do anything I've seen Moochelle and Buh-rock do.

Give me a manly handshake, don't dead fish me. Yes, I'm a woman, but I assure you my hands aren't made of china.