Friday, May 26, 2017

Memorial Day Ground Rules

I'm going to post something here that is very special for this weekend. It is not meant to offend, but rather to educate, and inform people about the reason they have this 3-day weekend. The following ground rules were posted by a veteran friend of my nephew. I've never met this friend, but care about his feelings very strongly. Please read, try to become informed, and share these sentiments with others every year, this time of year, for the rest of your life. Memorial Day is NOT about veterans or for veterans. It is about a Special veteran group that is no longer with us. They gave the ultimate sacrifice so that we could live the way of life that we know today.Here is the post:
Some Memorial Day Weekend ground rules are in order.
1. Don't wish me a Happy Memorial Day - there is nothing happy about brave men and women dying for our country.
2. Its not a holiday or a sale, its a day to remember our fallen military personnel period.
3. You want to know the true meaning of Memorial Day, visit your local National Cemetery, not Disney Land or the mall for a sale.
4. Don't tell me how great anyone in Hollywood, playing sports, or in political office is, tell me about Robert Howard, Louis Bonacas , Chesty Puller, George Patton, Joseph Lemm, Dakota Meyer, Kyle Carpenter, John Steele, and Ira Hayes...Don't recognize them? , that's easy, plug their names into Google and be prepared to be amazed and awed by their exploits.
5. Don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about, I have carried the burden all too many times for my fellow warriors who now stand their post before God. (So has my Nephew, and so have I  btw)
6. Say a prayer, and then raise a glass and thank God for the men and women who have paid the ultimate price and who are no longer here. I will be raising a glass for my fallen Brothers and Sisters with whom I served.
7. The time to thank a Veteran is in November on Veteran's Day.
God, Bless America and her Fallen.

1 comment:

Dan O. said...

Absolutely agree. I saw a Walgreens commercial today and at the end it had on the screen "Happy Memorial Day." I literally said said out "You don't say that!" to the empty room. How clueless is that corporation's marketing staff?