Thursday, August 1, 2013

A pathetic milestone

If you were expecting something about deer reader, sorry. This one is about me. I had surgery on my neck ten weeks ago to remove a disc and fuse the vertebra. Since the operation, I have had a lot of nights where I cannot sleep, and so I sit up at the computer and play games. I have played a lot of mahjong, let me tell you. Tonight I topped 400 wins in all six patterns. How disgusting is that? I need my life back.
Prior to the operation, I was told I would be back to work in six to eight weeks. That has not happened. I'm not even close. Since the surgery, the disc immediately above, and below the site have sagged. my neck tips left, then back straight. The C-4-5 nerves on the right side are mildly irritated. Prior to the surgery, I had pins and needles in both hands in the index and middle fingers. Now it is the right hand, and the ring and pinky finger, and a heck of a lot worse.
I went shooting wit ha friend last weekend. Just .22s. nothing big, I'm too chicken just yet. It was hard to get my head down on the scope.
Maybe I shouldn't have told them an Obungler joke in preop. Yes, seriously, I did. Don't remember it, but one of the residents told it back to me later, here it is;
Barry and Moochelle were sitting home one night,m maybe the only one in four years, watching TV, when a news break came on, and the talking head reported that three Brazillian  soldiers had been killed in an ambush in Afghanistan. Well, Hippo immediately burst into tears, and turned to Barry and said, that is terrible, it horrible, its time to end the fighting over there and bring the troops home. She then began sobbing uncontrolably on his shoulder.
After several minutes, she straightened up, looked him in hte eye, and said, "How many is a Brazillian?"

No comments: