Saturday, September 15, 2018

Let me tell you about Mary

By the time I was sixteen, my father had retired from farming and decided to move into town. The folks purchased a small house and we moved in. The neighbor two houses down was a kid named Vince. Vince was a bit younger than me and his dad was one of my teachers, so I knew him well. While we were getting the house ready, Vince stopped by, and when the folks were out of earshot asked me to pick up some condoms for him. The druggist in town was a Catholic straight laced sort, and the kids generally avoided the place for such purchases.
No problem, I was dating a gal in a nearby town so it was a stop at the gas station for him. Turned out that Vince had a date with The pharmacist's daughter, Mary.
It was a busy summer for me. I was working construction 50-60 hours a week plus moving plus seeing Marjean, so I didn't talk to Vince but maybe twice the rest of the summer, and then just a hi.
When school started back up in the fall, one of the first things to hit the gossip mill was that Mary was pregnant. when I saw her at lunch, sure enough, a swollen belly.
I found Vince and ripped him good. "Dude, I got rubbers for you, what happened?"
Well, Mary was a some what twisted Catholic, and when Vince produced the condoms, she dumped him. No Birth Control!
Now to put matters into a little perspective, let me back up a year. I was fifteen and had a farm permit. I could drive to school, but I couldn't park on school property, nor on the street by the school, so I parked three blocks away by the retirement village where my grandma lived.
The school was a k-12. No separate grade school or middle school.
In the afternoons I would walk back to my car and Vince and Andy who live close to him would walk with me to the corner where I went straight and they went left. Some times Mary would be in the group, she lived just past the retirement village.
One day Vince and Andy headed their way, and we were waiting to cross the highway. Mary reached over and grabbed my crotch and said "I could put that to use right now."
Sorry, no dice, I was already chasing gals a couple towns over and had no interest in her. She was also younger. MUCH younger.
When She got pregnant, she was going into sixth grade, and Vince was in seventh.
Just so you understand, My current wife is the only woman I have dated who was younger than me. Marjean was two years ahead of me, and the woman I lost my virginity to was six years older. Yup, a seventeen year old dating a twenty three year old who had a kid.. who look like me.  Many people including classmates thought I was Peg's father.
Back to Mary. once people at school got to comparing notes, it came out that she was a mega man eater. When Vince was going out with her, she was not a virgin, and when she grabbed my crotch, was about the time she lost it. the girl was a hormone driven maniac. No one ever admitted to knocking Mary up, and as far as I know, she never named a semen source. It could have been any of a number of kids, or men from the community, it could have been some one who stayed at the resort on the lake or the nearby park, or a guy taking a break from a day of fishing.
Don Surber's post about Kyrsten Sinema got me thinking about all this. We want to draw a line in the sand, fifteen for ten gets you twenty, but what about Mary? Yes, she was eleven going on twenty one, but she wanted sex and didn't care except that condoms were B.A.D. If an older guy had gone to bed with her, they most likely would have made dang sure they used some kind of birth control even if Mary objected. Most guys know that getting a girl like her pregnant would mean a long stay at a prison where child molesters tend to get beaten up, gang raped and killed.
What about me? I was seventeen, and peg's mom could have gotten in trouble for sleeping with me. It did not matter that I looked 25. It did not matter that she looked sixteen. I was seventeen and horny, she was twenty three. She didn't know I was under age until long after we'd slept together, but then, neither did the bartenders.
In Biblical times, the parents decided when it was time for the wedding. a girl might be betrothed as early as five, but no parent who loves his child is going to send her to bed with a horny husband before she is ready. Noting the many stories about girls in islam who die from sex too early, Remember, I said a father who LOVES his daughter.
Likewise, a father is not going to keep a hormone driven maniac locked up in the house either. Typically girls got married somewhere between thirteen and eighteen depending on how they developed.
The flip side of that is no father was going to send his daughter to live with a man who could not support a family. A guy didn't usually get to marry until he was established, usually not younger than 25.
There are guys out there who prey on young children. They should be shot. There are also guys who are stupid and decide what the heck when the neighbor's daughter is all over them like chocolate on a sundae. We would hope they would be smart enough to walk away, but some make the mistake of sticking their dick in under age crazy.
Those cases should be handled in a different way. There was one case several years back where the defense in a case planned to call an expert witness. the prosecutor did a little research and found the witness had been in prison for sex with a minor.
When it came time for cross examination, rather than impeaching his testimony, the prosecutor attacked his character.
Have you ever been convicted of any crime?
Yes I have.
You were convicted of child molestation were you not?
That is correct.
Have you ever thought about the impact that had on your victim?
No sir.
Have you ever considered...
Why don't you ask her yourself? she drove me here this morning.

Looking at it another way, if a ten year old managed to get his hands on a set of car keys and took it for a spin, then was involved in a collision, would we say the other driver was at fault because the kids was too young to drive thus automatically exempt?

We need to treat every case as a unique event. We need to stop with the notion that the children are automatically the victim when in many cases they instigate this. We have been treating sex as a one way street. there are classes where they MUST be the victim. Another example would be sex among college students. If she has a beer, and later regrets the sex, the guy's life will become a living hell even if she initiated the whole thing, even if he was too drunk to consent, if she claims rape, the college treats her as a victim and him as a criminal.
I am not saying that every person who has sex with a kid should be exonerated. Most of them are sickos who prey on kids.

No comments: