Tuesday, June 3, 2014

My thoughts on open carry

First and fore most, I believe that the right to keep and bear arms means that we have a right to open carry any time, any where. The Constitution clearly reads "shall not be infringed." It does not say "shall not be infringed by the Federal Government", nor does it read "shall not be infringed by the state". To my mind, that means any infringement whether by the fuds, the state, a local group, or even an individual is unconstitutional. But what do I know, Constitutional Scholars have different opinions. What the hell is a Constitutional scholar? All they are is a trained expert in finding loop holes and making mud out of a document written in plain english. Read it for yourself, and make up your own mind.... If you have one.
Back to open carry, it should be legal any where, any time. That does not make it smart. When you open carry, you become a target. If you are an employee in a business, it may deter some of the thug wannabe's, but it may also put you at greater risk of being killed. If the business has a high cash flow,and they want it badly enough, they just might kill you to get it. Remember the Old Dirty Harry Movies? The punk went into the store specifically to steal the gun from the proprietor, a man who had shot several robbers. Yes, it was a movie script, but it happens in real life as well. Some things are better hidden. Remember Don Knotts old line, "He wants to kill me. I know he wants to kill me. He knows I know he wants to kill me, but he doesn't know that I know that he knows I know he wants to kill me, so I have the edge."
Bottom line, intel is your friend. The less the bad guys know, the better it is for you. If you have a reason to carry, you have two reasons to get a CCW, unless you are like me and don't trust the government as far as you can projectile vomit. If you want to open carry, by all means do. I implore you though, be smart about it. Have a friend or three along, and have a video recording going the second something happens. Many cops are your friend, but there are a few scared shitless trigger happy maroons on every force to be dealt with.

No comments: