Thursday, October 18, 2018

Liarwatha meme

Man oh man, the internet has gone crazy mocking Liarwatha the faux Cherokee from Harvard.
Don Surber offered the Pocahontas Challenge for anyone interested in posting their DNA result. Since I have no interest in researching my ancestery being that I not only know who my parents were, but also my grandparents. the stock, on my mother's side was Polish, Jewish and Germa. On my dad's side, German and Swiss (Italian).
When I was stationed in Germany  my landlord saw my name and commented that it was a good German name, then asked where we were from. I told him Berchtesgaden. Dad had suggested I go there and see if there were any family remaining. before I left for Germany.
A few weeks later my land lord got right in my face and told me there were no families with my last name in Berchtesgaden. I then told him the original spelling. He literally stumbled back and screamed at me, "JEW!" So I'm fairly confident I have some Jewish blood from that side as well. What does it matter? Being a mutt won't get me any more when I retire, won't get my kids into a good college nor squeeze me into Heaven.
(and that part is overweight too)
Right after high school I got to be friends with a real Native American. Billy was into black powder shooting as was I. One week end he asked me to drive him to a Pow Wow in South Dakota. He'd lost his DL due to several DUI convictions.
While I was there, another Indian, in full regalia, walked up and asked me what tribe I belonged to.
Billy piped up, "He's a member of the Wahknobbian tribe." to a good round of laughter.
There are so many good memes and so little time. I think I will feature a few per day while the laughter cycle is still going.

No comments: