Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The problem is, he's RIGHT!

South Carolina Lieutenant Governor, Andre Bauer, no relation to Jack Bauer, has offended a lot of politicians on the left. His choice of wording may have been the poorest possible, but simply put, he is right. I'm not taking a shot at folks who are laid off and struggling with this economy, many of us are, and I certainly am, I'm aiming this straight at career welfare recipients, generational deadbeats, grifters, call them what you want, they are like leaches on society.
The government has handed out your hard earned dollars to lazy folks for generations now. Attempts to put limitations have been thwarted by corrupt or worthless judges many times. Plans put forth to prevent people on welfare from reproducing have been labeled as inhumane. The judges doing so are wrong. Handouts are not a right. I personally have housed many needy and less fortunate families, some times for several years. When they do not make an effort to better their situation as in getting educated, looking for work etc, it wears thin on me. Many of them I see through rather quickly, a few have been genuine needy, and I continue to help them. The dead beats, the drugies, I have no use for. If you are otherwise capable of working, you should not expect a hand out. If you are a faker, and get caught, expect me to be pissed, its my money, and by your deciept you stole it. That applies whether I help you directly, or the gov does it with my tax dollars.
In my first ten years managing properties, I never saw a section 8 recipient who really deserved it. To the person, they were playing the system, and when they showed their hands, I got them booted off.
Even so, if you are really in need, you don't need the extra burdon of another child. Its hard enough for able bodied parents to rais a kid.
Bauer said: "My grandmother was not a highly educated woman, but she told me as a small child to quit feeding stray animals. You know why? Because they breed! You're facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a person ample food supply. They will reproduce, especially ones that don't think too much further than that."
His comment applies to many, NOT ALL, people who are on welfare. I know there are some genuine needy folks. I continue to help them, we all should, but those who eare able but faking it, are a burdon to society.
A leach sucks off its host. It takes nutrition, and marginally slows the animal. When enough leaches attach themselves, it eventually kills the host. The animal in this case is our economy. Once healthy, it is presently weakened by the leaches, and now by a sick economy. How much more can it take? How long until it is killed by the leaches? Now more then ever its important to get the leaches off our economy. I'm not talking about hard working folks who have been idled by this recession, I'm talking about the career welfare queens.
Time to boot em.

No comments: