Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Light Posting

The economy is really picking back up! For the last fifteen years I have been self employed. I had rental properties and a side business that was doing well even during the Obamunism era thanks to hard work and filling a critical need in the community.
Much of what I did was service calls. They pay well, but you can't bill for the drive time and in-between time.
Two weeks ago I was contacted by a Regional Corporation working here in Kansas that was desperate for help. After speaking with them and considering the possibilities, I decided to take a job with them. For at least the next several months the work will be ten to twelve hours per day four days a week, and two days of solid eight hours.
While my self employment was often ten hour days, half or more could be windshield time as I shuttled between parts houses, call sites and the offices of the various clients. Now it is ten hours on my feet, up and down stairs, and all in the same building.
This is gonna take a little getting used to for my old body, so for the time being, I won't be posting very much. Of course, if I read about something that sets my hair on fire, I will throw something up other than my lunch.

1 comment:

Gregory said...

Well, have fun and good luck. I tried a job that demanded 12 hour days and it just wore me out in a couple of weeks. Good money, but, I quit. Stress on old people is not a good thing.