Thursday, January 9, 2020

Nice shooting

As everyone is now aware, Iran shot down a plane that had just departed Imam Khomeini Airport in Tehran. The plane, carrying 63 Canadians, 11 Ukrainians, 10 Swedes, three Germans, three British nationals, and 85 suspected terrorists bound for our northern border was blown from the sky only minutes after departure.
The loss of innocent lives is deplorable and I extend my condolences to the families in Canada, Ukraine, Sweden, Germany and England.
Initially there was good cause to believe the plane was destroyed by actors not of Iranian origin given the accuracy with which they had earlier that night fired upon U.S. installations in Iraq. Mounting evidence though clearly shows that Iran and only Iran was responsible for the loss of  82 innocent souls. The only remaining question is whether they were shooting at the plane, or some other target including imaginary ones.
I guess I could also ask if any of the Germans, Brits and Swedes were actual Germans, Brits or Swedes, or invaders taking a holiday from the havoc now being wreaked across Europe. Maybe I shouldn't.... Guess I did though. Yup, I'm an asshole, but you knew that didn't ya?

No comments: