Monday, June 18, 2012

Life and lemons

So I'm getting older, and it shows. Back in February I twisted my knee and tore the meniscus. Had surgery in March, then back to work in April. the first day back I tripped fell and messed up my neck. The knee was still pretty weak, and could not hold me when My ankle rolled on uneven turf. It seemed OK after a few days, so I quit worrying about it. Then on Memorial Day I took another fall. This time an old staircase in a house broke under me. The second step from the bottom failed and I tripped on the bottom one as I landed. The staircase was a steep one, more like a permanent ladder leading into a root cellar. This time the neck hurt pretty bad. The pain and grating feels like it is in the top two vertebra. I feel fine first thing in the morning, but by mid afternoon, some times sooner, my fingers go to sleep. I get that puffy and tingly like when the funny bone gets whacked. The neck is flat out uncomfortable, and pops like knuckles when I rotate my head. The did an MRI, and I got the results back on Friday. Two bulged discs, C5-C6 and C6-C7. That explains the fingers, but the irritation feels a lot higher, between C2 and C3. They are getting me scheduled with a neurosurgeon, but that could be as long as six weeks. The plan right now is steroid injections. Unfun fun. Anybody need extra lemonaide?

2 comments:

Gregory said...

I feel for ya buddy. I have heard that steroid injections hurt like hell. Hope they give you a pill (sedative) beforehand...

JeremyR said...

Me too, and thanks.