Monday, January 15, 2018

Torn

Let me tell you, this has been hard. According to what information I can find on line, no member of the Minnesota Vikings has taken a knee. The Vikings are in the play offs, and will host the Stupid Bowl, possibly becoming the first team to play (and lose) the super bowl at home.
I have been a Vikings fan as long as I can remember. It was Fran Tarkington and those other teams. Growing up in Minnesota, it would have been a criminal offense to cheer any other team.
It is a struggle, but there is no way that I will lend a moments support to the NFL now that antipatriotism is their cause de jour.
A big piece of me still cheers that they beat the kneeling inSaints. Part of me want them to win the Super Bowl, part of me wants it to be canceled for lack of interest. Given that ratings are down but not drastically enough, the game is still on, unlike the last regular season Sunday night game.
Addictions are hard to beat. I thought I was fine until I saw on Breitbart that they had shellacked New Orleans. This is like having a cigarette after not smoking for two weeks, and its been two seasons since I watched a stinking game.
Oh well, Go Vikings and GO TO HELL NFL

No comments: