Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I survived

I don't share a lot of personal details in my blog posts. I get on the iternet to rant and rave about the insanity befalling our nation, and to mock liberalism, the cancer that is destroying us. The reason I don't share much personal is because I'm not looking for a pity party. Last year I took a bad fall and injured my neck. I've been off work since, trying to heal up. In a lot of ways, its been a failure. As teh months have progressed, we've tried many solutions. None helped. things continued to deterioriate, and last week we finally had surgical intervention. The jokes are preposted. I have a stockpile of them to run through July, so they will continue to flow. Until my neck heals enough that I can manage to be on the computer for more then a couple of minutes at a time, posting will be necessarily light. I follow all of my blog buddies, I can read just fine. Its putting my hands onto the keyboard that gives problems. I don't want to do anything that might prevent a full recovery, and hte doctors say that being on a keyboard isn't healthy at this point. I will try to keep people posted as best I can. I am on fcebook, clicking like and share is nothing, and I do that a lot.

4 comments:

Gregory said...

Sorry to hear about your neck. This end of life is, a lot of the time, hard to deal with. Who ever decided to call these the 'golden years'? Oh, all of these windows systems from XP on have speech recognition software. Might be fun to give it a try. I have. Dragon Systems has the best software in that direction though, with great computer training sessions. You will have to train your computer though. Isn't that weird to think about?

stevierayv said...

Good luck I've had the neck surgery if you just make it through the healing your quality of life will improve dramatically at least it did for me.Hope the same for you. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Pre formed memory foam pillow, after I had my titainium plate and screws helped keep my head in line while I slept.

About 20 bucks at waldomart.

You will probably learn to wake up and turn from side to side as a whole body unit to avoid hurting, once healed I still do it.

JeremyR said...

MM, yup, got the memory foam pillow a while back. Learned about them the first time I screwed up my neck. That was a C1 fracture.
Greg, a year ago, I was a healthy 30 year old! I plan to out live my grandmother who returned to the Lord at 101, and when I finally cash in, this puppy is gonna be worn out!