Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Its Red Neck remodeling season

While today marks the "Official" start of the 2012 storm season, the first storms arrived last night. I was outside talking with friends when One of my room mates came out to tell me there was something going off in my room. It was the weather radio. Shocker! They said a tornado watch. In February? I can believe it, we've had them in every month including December and January, so while not common, they aint as rare as a fiscally responsible democrat.
There were at least two touch downs in Kansas, one near Hutchison, and one that hit Harveyville. No fatalities, thank GOD, but several serious injuries.
I won't be among the first responders on this one, I injured my knee ten days ago, and will require surgery on it.
So for the next eight months, people are going to stopping by asking, Did a tornado go through, or are you having a yard sale? Sigh.

No comments: