Monday, January 7, 2013

Kinda pissed

I had my car parked behind my house in town on friday. It was parked well back from the alley, ten feet or more. A van coming up the alley ran off the road, into my yard and into the back of my car. The person driving the van was not the owner, and claimed that she worked for the owner. When I called the owner, he claimed she did not work for him and he said he was not aware the van was gone. When I spoke to him later Friday he said the Police were refusing to take a stolen vehicle report because he had left the keys out where people could get at them. Today I spoke to his insurance agent. They tell me the vehicle policy lapsed in December. The damage will be less then my deductable. Looks like I'm screwed again. This is the second uninsured driver to hit me. The last one totaled my pickup when he made a left turn and ran into the side of my truck.

3 comments:

Gregory said...

Are they going to levy a fine on the van owner for not having his van insured?

JeremyR said...

Don't know, they should, and the driver as well. She was going to a house accross the alley. The resident is a long time enemy of the business owner, some one he has been trying to get jailed for stealing from him.

Gregory said...

I hate the way that the law works today. It is almost useless compared to what it was until the 1980s.....