Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Introducing Peter the Roman

The first Pope from the Americans and the last? Well, if you accept the predictions, he is. I don't have a crystal ball. All I can do is look at the accuracy of the predictions and wonder.
When it comes to the Bible, I know it is correct. Jesus said there would be signs and wonders. If you don't accept it as the word of GOD, I'm not going to force you. I won't bother listening to your reasons why either. Believe what you want. I'll believe GOD.
From the teachings of scripture, I know that the end times are approaching. The day or year? Not so much. The generation that witnessed the return of Israel was fortold to be the ones to see the tribulation. They are growing old.
Hollywood like to play up Armaghedon. Its a place, not an event. When you realize that, Bruce Willis comes off kinda weird. They also like to mock and twist truth. Some people don't know what is really in the Bible because they have never read it.
While Arnold Wion attributes the list to St Malachy Archbishop of Armagh Ireland, his list has been fairly accurate. Not perfect though.
Some say Time will tell, but this stuff usually only makes the National Inquirer.
Anyway, welcome Francis the First. Pray for him and that GODs hand guides him in his work. Although I am not Catholic, I still respect the pope. Like every denomination of the Christian faith, the catholics have some stuff right, and a few things wrong. In the end, its whether we are right with GOD that matters, nothing else.

2 comments:

Gregory said...

I have respect for the Catholics because they follow a couple of Biblical principles well. One, they are opposed to abortion. Two, they oppose homosexuality, strongly. Lots of the mainstream protestants do neither one. I lean towards Pentecostalism because they do the same for both of those examples. I am glad we don't feel a need to pray to Mary or Saints. And we don't believe in purgatory either.......And connecting the pope with Peter of Jesus day...cmon.

JeremyR said...

I was told once that if I ever found a perfect church to avoid it like the plague. I'd contaminate it.