Wednesday, July 25, 2012

New Toy

By now most of you have figured out that I am worse then a kid in a candy store when it comes to guns. I don't know how many times I have said "no more" only to find something in a store, or on line that was begging to be bought. Almost like a democrat politician in Chicago.








This beauty is from DSA and is their gadsden lower. I stuffed it with a Rock River competition parts set, and backed that with a Magpul PRS stock and grip.




















The front end toys came from Craigslist courtsey of a few soldiers who wanted to shed fun stuff they aquired for Afghanistan.












I haven't selected a glass for it, so the Leupold is on it for now. Its a great scope, just low on magnification, and 3X won't do this gas pipe justice. I hope to break it in with a trip to the dog farms in western Kansas, or maybe the Black Hills. For that I'm going to want something 10X or 16X, maybe even stronger.






















No, the pig sticker aint gonna get used on dogs. Its a nice feature though if I ever decide to try my hand on wild boars. you can never have enough weapon when the animal you are after will attack. I bought three of these uppers, redneck Jr will be getting one. he plans to equip it with something exotic, like a 300 Whisper, or a 450. Should be a fun build when he gets arround to it.

No comments: