Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I take my religion too seriously

the other evening as I was driving home, I spotted a pedestrian standing on the rail of the river bridge. I stopped, approached him, and told him I though he had plenty to live for, and pled with him not to jump.
He replied that his life was a total mess, he'd lost his job, retirement, home, car, and marriage because of the economic woes.
Attempting to change the subject, I asked, are you a religious man?
yes, he replied.
So am I! Are you Christian or Budist?
Christian.
Wow, so am I. Are you Catholic or Prostesant?
Protestant.
Amazing, so am I. Are you Lutheran or Baptist?
Baptist he said,
Great, so am I! Are yo Baptist Church of GOD, or Baptist Church of the Lord?
Baptist Church of GOD he said.
WOW! SO am I, are you Baptist Church of GOD original, or Baptist Church of GOD Reformed?
Baptist Church of GOD Reformed.
What a Coincidence! I exclaimed, So am I! Are you Baptist Church of GOD Reformation of 1879, or Baptist Church of GOD Reformation of 1915?
Baptist Church of GOD Reformation of 1915 he said as he bagan to climb off the railing.
Heritic, I yelled, and pushed him off the bridge.

No comments: